You’ve been thinking about starting your family for a while, and now you’re ready to get pregnant. Congrats!
Here are our top 25 tips for getting pregnant faster:
- Reduce stress – we all know that stress interferes with our body’s systems, including the reproductive system. Find ways to offload some of your stress for now. That may mean reducing your work hours, renegotiating household responsibilities, or hiring help.
- Regular moderate exercise – get your heart rate up, but don’t do anything too strenuous and avoid doing workouts that have a lot of abdominal crunches.
- Eat cleanly – lots of whole foods (think Whole 30 or a Mediterranean diet), plenty of protein (50g+/day), and organic foods whenever possible.
- Reduce stimulants like sugar and caffeine (and adrenaline if that’s your thing)
- Drink lots of water – try to drink half your weight in ounces of water every day. Best to drink room temperature or hot water. You can add lemon if that helps you drink more water.
- Take a high-quality probiotic and eat prebiotic and probiotic containing foods (like kimchi, sauerkraut, yogurt, etc.).
- Eat and drink warm foods and beverages. Think soups, stews, roasted veggies. Prefer cooked vegetables over raw. Try not to eat food straight out of the fridge – it will slow down your blood circulation and harm your digestion.
- Eat regularly – you don’t have to be overly rigid, just create a consistent eating routine and stick to it.
- Eat without stress – that means not looking at your phone, not rushing when you eat. Meals should be a respite from your busy day.
- Chew your food – probably more than you already do.
- Keep your belly warm – dress in layers and use a hot water bottle if needed.
- Give up alcohol for the time being. It’s ok to have a glass of wine when you get your period, but stay away from alcohol for the rest of the month.
- Drink one cup of bone broth daily. Any type is fine.
- Work on good sleep hygiene habits – limit screen time an hour before bed, try to go to bed at the same time every night, and get up at the same time every day.
- Try to get 8+ hours of sleep per night.
- Have fun – find fun activities to enjoy by yourself or with your partner or a group of friends.
- Laugh out loud – watch some comedy or try laughter yoga.
- Get outside and soak up the vitamin D and fresh air.
- Say no to extraneous activities – focus on yourself for a little while.
- Eliminate plastic from your kitchen – don’t cook food in it, don’t store food in it, don’t reheat food in it.
- Try a relaxation app – there are a lot of apps out there, give one or two a try!
- Time your intercourse – every other day for the week around ovulation.
- Use an ovulation predictor kit (OPK) – there are lots of styles, find one that’s easy for you to stick to. Or chart your basal body temperature.
- Start taking a high-quality prenatal vitamin with methylated B-vitamins.
- Plan a vacation – how many times have you heard of somebody getting pregnant while they were on vacation?
Tips for Getting Pregnant Faster
Please don’t be overwhelmed by this list. Pick one or two items and get started. Good luck!